Are you worried about your online security? Thankfully, there’s an easy and free solution to allay your fears.
A virtual private network or VPN is a network that enables you to anonymously send and receive data across public networks. The VPN tricks the websites you visit into thinking you are connecting from the VPN’s proxy IP address, ensuring that your location is kept private, that your data is encrypted against hackers, and that you can surf the web anonymously.
Where should you start? We suggest Turbo VPN, one of the leading free VPNs available today. Although initially designed for use on Android and iOS devices, with the free BlueStacks Android emulator for PC, you can download and install Turbo VPN for Windows with ease.
Just follow the easy steps in the brief tutorial below, and you will be browsing the internet securely and anonymously with Turbo VPN for PC in no time.
Downloading Turbo VPN for PC, Windows, and Mac
1. Download the free BlueStacks emulator from https://www.bluestacks.com/. Click the download button right in the middle of the page. When the pop-up window opens, save the application to your desired location. BlueStacks is the most popular Android emulator on the market and boasts a processing power up to six times faster than any phone, so it is the perfect way to run Turbo VPN for PC.
2. Open the BlueStacks.exe file from your saved computer location or your browser. This will launch the installer. If a User Account Control Message pops up asking whether you want to allow this app to make changes to your device, click yes. Click the blue ‘Install now’ button on the BlueStacks installer. The installation may take a few minutes, and live download progress will be shown on the installer.
3. Once installed, BlueStacks will launch. You will need to sign in to the Google Play Store in order to download Turbo VPN and other apps: do this by providing your Gmail account information in the secure dialog boxes.
5. The Google Play Store will launch. Click the “Apps” tab near the top of the page, and type Turbo VPN into the search bar above it. This will bring you to the Turbo VPN app: click the green Install button to the right. One downloaded, click the green Open button to the right.
6. The Turbo VPN app will open. Agree to the terms of service. Choose the free trial for the premium service or choose “No, Thanks” to proceed with the free VPN. Click the orange carrot button to connect. Click OK when prompted by the connection request. The application will open and you will be connected to Turbo’s secure VPN. Enjoy!
A professional app developer and website designer, tech editor who loves loves to talk about technology and software.